Sticky-Sweet Glazed Rib Backs Ribs

Today's recipe I blame on Ryan Boudreaux, known to the community as Cajun Chef Ryan. He started it with a video on blackening catfish, you know, as in that outdoor grilling thing-to-do that I have missed the last month or so. Watching the video, hearing the sizzle of the fish, I could smell the aroma from the smoke producing process. He started it. Now I've got to do something about it as all of my senses are geared toward grilling something - and they all tell me to do ribs. Though the weather is a bit warmer, the extreme cold is now replaced with a steady, drizzling rain. I'm hoping for a break, a few hours today, to spent time with my good friend, the grill. I made this a long time ago but I've changed a few things hopefully for a delicious, lip-smacking experience. Hope you will like it too.



Sticky-Sweet Glazed Rib Backs

Marinade:
4 lb. baby back ribs
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. liquid smoke
2 tsp. prepared horseradish
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne

    Sauce:
    1/3 cup orange marmalade
    1/4 cup apple jelly
    1 cup barbecue sauce
    2 tbsp. fresh grated horseradish
    1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. black pepper

      Place the ribs in a shallow pan. In a medium bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together and coat both sides of the ribs. Seal, cover and refrigerated at least 8 hours or overnight.
      In a medium saucepan, heat sauce ingredients on medium-low heat. Stir until marmalade melts, remove from heat and set aside.

      Heat grill to medium indirect heat.

      Remove ribs from the marinade; discard marinade.

      Place ribs bone side down on the grill over indirect heat. Lower cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender and begins to pull away from the ends of the bones. Brush with the sauce and turn the last 20 to 30 minutes of grilling. Slather the sauce on the top the remaining time.


      Comments

      1. these sound finger licking good! Oh boy no onions I am in love!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I am married to a bar-b-que fanatic and I can tell you that these look scrumptious. I'm passing this recipe on to the hubby.

        ReplyDelete
      3. Lovin the horseradish addition. This sounds great!

        ReplyDelete
      4. I miss the grill, too-- and warm weather!

        ReplyDelete
      5. This sounds delicious, a really interesting combination. Lucky for me I just made marmalade and still have a couple of horseradishes in the garden - We have a big storm rolling in but I'll be huddled in my carport today grilling. I'm going to use chicken instead of ribs though - thanks!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Good for you braving the cold to make ribs! Still in the 20s here in Chicago... but sadly it's warmer than it has been! Maybe I'll grill, too!

        ReplyDelete
      7. Wow - sounds out of this world! Perfect excuse to heat up the winter grill.

        ReplyDelete
      8. These look absolutely delicious, it's making my mouth water. It's raining cats and dogs here and I still want to make this.

        ReplyDelete
      9. That's a killer BBQ sauce, I just love horseradish and never thought to use it in a BBQ sauce, but it makes perfect sense!

        ReplyDelete
      10. oh my gosh you guys are killing me! these look fabulous. my family loves grilled anything. in fact my son bought me the bbq bible cookbook ... hint hint get mom.

        ReplyDelete
      11. oh my! What amazing flavours!

        ReplyDelete
      12. I can almost lick the screen! That looks amazingly sticky and good.

        ReplyDelete
      13. Oh wow, look at that. That looks absolutely fantastic.

        ReplyDelete
      14. ooeg, gooey, sticky, sweet goodness with every bite. A definite "must do." My heart is easily won by some grand ribs!

        ReplyDelete
      15. This is such a great recipe...orange and apple jelly... wow wow wow!

        ReplyDelete
      16. This looks incredible. I'm not sure what else to say other than that makes me so hungry!

        ReplyDelete
      17. Now you talking my language Drick! lol Thanks for the plug and glad that I could jump start your gilling season! Thse ribs look finger lickin' good!

        Culinarily yours,
        CCR
        =:~)

        ReplyDelete
      18. I miss the grill and the summer. Looks delicious, my husband would love those:)

        ReplyDelete
      19. Oh boy oh boy, I would love to join you for this!Truely mouthwatering. hmm..mm....

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment

      Popular Posts