Saumon Herbes de Citron


When searching for today's recipe I thought outside of the south and of the influence in which fish plays in various countries. I wondered if there existed a country where fish cannot be caught. Maybe the extreme deserts and I rationalized aloud, 'where's there water, there are fish' or maybe not. Fish is prepared in so many varying ways, again, depending on the country. Types of fish too vary. But the one thought I continued dwelling on is how easy and fast cooking fish really is. Like most seafood, fish needs to be cooked quickly and with ease or else it will not be any good. Ever had a fish fillet that you couldn't cut with a knife? I've had my share in many restaurants and it's like eating rubberized sponges, that is, if there is any moisture left in it. Fish should be delicate enough that all is required is a fork, at least the fish I am familiar in eating. This recipe is all of the things from above; influenced with a little French cookery, easy to prepare, roasted quickly in an oven to ensure a flaky texture and seasoned perfectly with fresh herbs and lemon. Enjoy!

Roasted Salmon with Lemon Herbs
4 -5 oz salmon fillets
1/2 cup dry white wine
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
Rinse the fillets under water and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillets in a bowl and add the wine. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl, add lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.

 On a shallow ovenproof dish, arrange fillets about 1-inch apart.

In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onions and leeks. Cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from heat and divide mixture over the fillets. Pour the oil mixture over the fish coating the sides as well. Add a spoonful of the wine if desired.

Place dish in the center of oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Plate fish and serve immediately. Salmon prepared this way is delicious with wilted spinach and a potato gratin.

Comments

  1. Fresh herbs, lemon and salmon are my favourite. This big piece must be for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe..I have all the ingredients, but the salamon..now I know what Im making for dinner!Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! I am waiting to hear what MaryMoh has to say. I bet she will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Drick! I love this recipe. I have a friend who is coming to visit tomorrow, she is vegetarian but unlike me she eats seafood, I think this is a great dish. I see that you recommend potato gratin and spinach as a side dish. What do you think of wild rice ( steamed) and a spinach salad?
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - it is super easy and the salmon is not overpowered by the herbs...

    @Laura - hey, that sounds great - always eat what you like, glad to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful salmon and love the lemon herb on top of that. Can I have a big piece too like Mary? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG the wine is an awesome addition to this wonderful recipe it has to be outstanding! thanks drick going to favorite this one for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful flavours! I too have had many a bad experience with seafood in restaurants, thats why I try to cook it at home as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet a lot of us just changed our dinner plans based on this post!! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salmon can be a bear to cook so I love this dish's ease of preparation and the fresh, bright flavors. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny you should post a salmon recipe today, because I just got off the phone with my dear wife and told her that I wanted to get some salmon for this weekend. BINGO!!!! Looks like we have a recipe to go with it now!

    Culinarily yours,
    CCR
    =:~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drick-

    This is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I love salmon. This looks delicious!! I bet the lemon flavors and spinach complement so well!!!

    Love it! Another great one from Drick! Ya never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks absolutely fantastic and beautiful. What a gouremet recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The most wonderful way to cook salmon - it lets the salmon shine and be the star. And you can vary the herbs. A winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A terrific salmon - perfect with lemon and herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Drick! I nominated you with an "Honest" award! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love salmon! like all the herbs on top of it

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are really hitting on all my fav's this week...shrimp, now salmon. I don't know what else to say besides wow! Your pic makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This fits perfectly into my New Year's resolution to eat more sensibly...thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts