Mango Brulee

Sweet-Tooth Thursday

Reading another delicious recipe yesterday from my cooking friend Mary Moh, I realized how much I really do like the taste of mangoes. Her kids made her a heavenly smoothie chocked full of fruits including mango and ice cream. Yes, it is still very cold in the United Kingdom where Mary and her family reside, but she consumed it with pride and ever so enjoyment and then immediately took comfort in the warmth of bed. I just love her humor and writings.
Somehow, the thought of a smoothie or freeze made me shutter as I thought of mango related recipes. A nice hot cobbler or crumble would do, even a tart topped with cool whipped cream or maybe something served at room temperature would suffice. As I thought, I wondered what Mary would enjoy. She is especially fond of my shrimp recipes and many times compliments my Cajun and Creole posts. And that's what I decided to post today. A dessert favorite in the south, many times cream brulee accompanies Creole dishes. Adding fruit is nothing new and I think making Mary a brulee using mangoes would be perfect. Hope you enjoy this one Mary.

Mango Brulee

2 mangoes
1 cup Mascarpone cheese, plus more
a little more than 2/3 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons brown sugar
8 tablespoons raw sugar
    Cut the mangoes in half around the pit. Peel the fruit and discard the pit. Chop and divide the mango among 4 ramekins.

    In a bowl, beat the cheese with the yogurt. Fold in the ginger, limejuice, zest and brown sugar. Divide the mixture among the ramekins and level off the tops. Chill for at least 2 hours.

    Sprinkle 2 tablespoons raw sugar over each ramekin covering the cheese mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and broil under a hot broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and brown. Let cool completely before serving. Oh, and you can chill in the refrigerator if you like yours that way.

    Comments

    1. How sweet! I quite like creme brulee and the addition of the mangoes would be perfect for me as I really havent got a sweet tooth

      ReplyDelete
    2. That looks delicious. I love creme brulee and with mango, it just went up another notch.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awww....Drick, that's so sweet of you to make this for me. I wish I'm really there to enjoy it, freshly made by you. I just adore this.....with mango!!! I have always wanted to make brulee but just not sure how. Looks easy here. No baking needed...yeah :) I will definitely want to make this and to let you know I'm a very good student...LOL. Thanks very much for the lovely thought and the mention. Greatly appreciate.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Drick I can not wait to make these, I love mangoes!!!!! and now that I have a kitchen torch, I can try to set them on fire instead of using my broiler:)

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is such an easy recipe. I love mangos but i think apricots or peach would work great as well. Thanks Drick!

      ReplyDelete
    6. You have managed to make mangoes Creole. Awesome!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I was checking out FB's new system and browsing the updates, which led me to this post. Probably this is first time i'm here, nice treat Drick.

      ReplyDelete
    8. ooh this looks fantastic. we have god mangos in the store right now too...i might be making this sunday :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Drick, so sorry, I forgot to fill up my Name and URL when I commmented earlier. Never happened before. I must have been too excited to see the mouth-watering mango brulee...LOL. Just so greedy of me :P Shalinee is just my nickname....but no one uses it....strange huh. Thanks again.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I must admit. I tried to buzz it twice, but it saw right through me.

      This is the coolest recipe I have ever seen. It is simply amazing. Thanks so so so much for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh my goodness that is totally decadent and delicious! I need to make this right away!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Oh My God! Putting together 2 of my favorites foods in the same dish sounds great.
      Thanks for such a wonderful recipe, I have to try it.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Oh, mangos in brulee. I want some now. Delish!

      ReplyDelete
    14. all I can say is wow where do you come up with these unbelieveable yummy decadent desserts~ this is awesome!....thanks for putting in your update had to click on your picture to find it, thats going to be the problem with this new system. I just get home and you updated probably hours ago....keep reposting...too good to miss this one!

      ReplyDelete
    15. You have to know this will be made - again and again. If it wasn't so late - I'd run out and get some mangoes. In the sleet.

      ReplyDelete
    16. Wonderful recipe - sounds so easy and must be so good!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts