Homemade Noodles

Homemade is always better, right? I think so. If you have been hanging with me for a while, you know how I feel about making my own spice mixtures, the various sauces I so frequently use in recipes and the many rubs and marinades we enjoy when grilling. Making homemade dumplings and noodles is easy. Making homemade pasta, something many of you have urged me to accomplish, is a whole 'nother thing, yet still a goal of mine. And I will, one day reach it. What I like about this recipe is that it is easy, requires no special tools and just four ingredients. I like to add it to soups, especially chicken, and many times use in when making dumpling dishes. Enjoy!



Homemade Noodles
Makes about 3 cups of cooked noodles for soup and dumpling recipes

1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain flour

    Combine all ingredients in a bowl; dough should be stiff. On a floured surface, roll out very thin. Dust with flour and let stand for 20 minutes. Roll dough up loosely and slice in 1/4-inch wide sections, wider for dumplings. Unroll and spread out the noodles, let dry for a couple of hours. You can also store in a sealed container until needed. Drop into your boiling liquid and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.


    Comments

    1. This is sure fun. Nothing beats homemade noodles. I love making it but I don't add milk to it. Does the milk give it a better flavour or texture?

      ReplyDelete
    2. @MaryMoh - I don't know the difference, this is the only way I make them....

      ReplyDelete
    3. I bet these are so good. What fun!! Funny, I got Poppa Trix a hand crank pasta maker for Christmas so we could try that together ... it's on the schedule for this weekend, so we'll see.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love making homemade pasta, it is kind of like playing with playdough for grown ups:)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Homemade pasta is so much fun to make and eat. Your noodles have that nice rustic look and feel, perfect for a bowl of soup or dumplilngs for sure.

      ReplyDelete
    6. home made noodles/pasta are the best aren't they?! they cook SO fast and taste very fresh. i just recently made raviolis with home made pasta and it's great to make a huge batch to freeze.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I love to make pasta especially for lasagne verde; it makes such a difference in the taste of the dish!
      By the way, I am doing a raffle for goodies I brought back from Lebanon (spices and grains) if interested all you need to do is leave a comment on the Kamal Mouzawak post.
      Cheers!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I've been making pasta and noodles for years, something I learned from my grandmother. There's nothing like fresh pasta. It's a a lot easier than most people realize and oh so good!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Drick, eventhough making noodle is quite a simple task, yet proper ingredients also may affected the texture. For example, by using duck eggs or goose eggs. The noodles would be more springy compare to chicken eggs.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts