Avocado Velvet

Sabado Mexicano


Here is a refreshing soup perfect as a first course or great after a round of spicy flavored concoctions. The simplicity of components in this soup rewards your taste-buds with a crisp note of avocado and a hint of cucumber. A velvety, delicate soup and a remake from a previous recipe ... enjoy!





Avocado Velvet


2 large ripe avocados
1 small cucumber, peeled & chopped
1 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups clear chicken stock
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile pepper
Chopped chives or green onions

    Seed, peel, and chop the avocados, place in a blender along with the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper if needed. Pour into serving bowl and served at room temperature. Garnish with chives.

    Can also be chilled for 2 or more hours before serving.

    Comments

    1. This soup must be for me......looks very refreshing and healthy. I love avocado. I will have to try this.

      ReplyDelete
    2. soup AND avocado??? You are making my mouth water....I need to make this asap!

      ReplyDelete
    3. All I can say is "yum!" I love the name too. I've saved this for future use. I have two avocados waiting to ripen.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Definitely a keeper-- sounds so delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I can only imagine how refreshing this would be in the summer, with a nice big margarita, mm!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Looks like the perfect companion to a spicy shrimp dish!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh wow Drick this sounds great. I never had avocado soup and I love avocados. Go figure, right?

      ReplyDelete
    8. really looks good, I eat avocado every time I have chili love it with that on the side...but this really is a very elegant soup will love to show this off at my next dinner party...thanks very nice recipe and so different

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ok I am trying again with the comment, it must be me~ I love avocado and this is such an elegant soup I can't wait to make this at my next dinner party it is sure to make everyone go wow, never heard of this kind before but we all will love this! thanks!!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. This reminds me of an avocado shake - delicious! This is a great palate-cleansing option.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I love avocado. This soups sounds really refreshing and up my alley! Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I have never heard of such a dish! I feel like I have been deprived my whole life!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts