.

About Me


Drick Perry
Mobile Alabama


Cooking is second nature to me, and my passion features Gulf Coast seafood. I like to share the simple pleasures of home-style meals and the joy of local Creole and Cajun food, while also enjoying a love affair with the grill. I have an admiration for Mexican and Western style cooking and it is a feature in my home at least once a week.


Born in Greenville AL, small town living along with the values and lessons learned from my family and our cooks are what make my interest in cooking enjoyable.

I currently have a self-published cookbook, Grits to Guacamole, which features our favorite recipes from family and friends. Containing over 1200 recipes, we use this cookbook daily, after all, these are our favorite ones. I am currently working on others as well, Creole & Cajun, Mexican & Western and one devoted to southern sweets.

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, CookEatShare, Pinterest, NetworkedBlogs, Google+, FeedBurner, and Tumblr.

Comments

  1. Hey Drick,

    Thank you for the cookbook - what a thoughtful gift and nice surprise in my mailbox! I enjoyed the family photos as much as the recipes. Lots of memories. I'm hosting a party this weekend and will cook the Brissiled Chicken so these northwesterners can put some "south in their mouth". Easily my favorite chicken recipe when growing up. Congratulations on a fabulous cookbook and website. I'm looking forward to trying many of these recipes. NW cuisine is fine, but noone does comfort food like a Southerner. Take care, Cousin Bill (Hillsboro, OR)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts